Log in to Scripto | Recent changes | View item | View file | Transcribe page | View history
Theobald "Toby" Barrett Diary, 1926-1927
Theobald (Toby) Barrett Diary, 1926-1927-53.pdf
| Revision as of Sep 30, 2026, 5:56:26 PM edited by 10.0.2.100 |
Revision as of Sep 30, 2026, 5:58:30 PM edited by 10.0.2.100 |
||
|---|---|---|---|
| Line 1: | Line 1: | ||
| − | Irish land. Think Toby will recieve interest during infancy of his son. Conversion will not be argued till evidence complete whether Dick had son." Dad. told Aunty Alice to cable back word that he would agree. We thought at first that the case had come up and the judge had reserved his decision until they found out whteher Dad. would agree or not, but on looking at the date we found the cable was sent yesterday so suppose the counsels have decided on this among themselves. Dad. and I went on down and got the hay getting back to the farm about two o'clock. We had dinner and then put it off over the horse stable. Dad. harnessed Pommers and was going to take my chop out in the waggon and let me drive the buggy home and so save me coming back but just as we were ready to start or were waiting for the big oil tank which was in filling Frank's {bands?} to leave, Wilkinson from Martin's drove in and asked Dad. to sign a certificate to the effect that certain birds had been inspected by him & that their shipping crates had been disinfected. As Dad. had never seen the chickens, he most emphatically refused to sign it so Wilkinson asked him to go back with him, so | + | Irish land. Think Toby will recieve interest during infancy of his son. Conversion will not be argued till evidence complete whether Dick had son." Dad. told Aunty Alice to cable back word that he would agree. We thought at first that the case had come up and the judge had reserved his decision until they found out whteher Dad. would agree or not, but on looking at the date we found the cable was sent yesterday so suppose the counsels have decided on this among themselves. Dad. and I went on down and got the hay getting back to the farm about two o'clock. We had dinner and then put it off over the horse stable. Dad. harnessed Pommers and was going to take my chop out in the waggon and let me drive the buggy home and so save me coming back but just as we were ready to start or were waiting for the big oil tank which was in filling Frank's {bands?} to leave, Wilkinson from Martin's drove in and asked Dad. to sign a certificate to the effect that certain birds had been inspected by him & that their shipping crates had been disinfected. As Dad. had never seen the chickens, he most emphatically refused to sign it so Wilkinson asked him to go back with him, so I went over too and we found the birds had been shipped about a week ago. Dad. told Sid he couldn't and wouldn't sign any inspection certificate for birds that he never saw, much as he would like to do any thing for Mrs. Martin, so we came back again. It was raining hard when we got back so we decided not to try to take the chop, and after waiting for a few minutes to see if it was going to let up and concluding it wasn't I came home in the rain. I found Marj. pretty tired, she having cleared & whitewashed the cellar, or part of it. Gay is rather under the weather to-day. Cloudy & threatening all day. Mild |
| − | |||
| − | I went over too and we found the birds had been | ||
Thursday May 6th | Thursday May 6th | ||
Revision as of Sep 30, 2026, 5:58:30 PM
Irish land. Think Toby will recieve interest during infancy of his son. Conversion will not be argued till evidence complete whether Dick had son." Dad. told Aunty Alice to cable back word that he would agree. We thought at first that the case had come up and the judge had reserved his decision until they found out whteher Dad. would agree or not, but on looking at the date we found the cable was sent yesterday so suppose the counsels have decided on this among themselves. Dad. and I went on down and got the hay getting back to the farm about two o'clock. We had dinner and then put it off over the horse stable. Dad. harnessed Pommers and was going to take my chop out in the waggon and let me drive the buggy home and so save me coming back but just as we were ready to start or were waiting for the big oil tank which was in filling Frank's {bands?} to leave, Wilkinson from Martin's drove in and asked Dad. to sign a certificate to the effect that certain birds had been inspected by him & that their shipping crates had been disinfected. As Dad. had never seen the chickens, he most emphatically refused to sign it so Wilkinson asked him to go back with him, so I went over too and we found the birds had been shipped about a week ago. Dad. told Sid he couldn't and wouldn't sign any inspection certificate for birds that he never saw, much as he would like to do any thing for Mrs. Martin, so we came back again. It was raining hard when we got back so we decided not to try to take the chop, and after waiting for a few minutes to see if it was going to let up and concluding it wasn't I came home in the rain. I found Marj. pretty tired, she having cleared & whitewashed the cellar, or part of it. Gay is rather under the weather to-day. Cloudy & threatening all day. Mild
Thursday May 6th
