Courtland Olds Diary, 1887
October MONDAY 31 1887
Have continued to work away with all our might at the cellar wall to day as usual. Joe and Wes. have both been helping. The weather has become very fine with some appearance of its continuance. Had a visit with from, the Watts girls this evening, who came mostly to see Ida Skinner at present with us. Enjoyed the evening with these young friends very much. Took them home afterwards. Weather very fine.
October TUESDAY 1 1887
Worked away to day also at the cellar wall both the boys helping. The weather has become very fine and comfortable indeed. I am expecting that it will continue so for some little time. Ma and Mifs Ida have been down to James Holcombs
this to day. This evening they came home & we all went down to Wattses to spend the evening. Enjoyed the visit very much.
- Follow the example of transcribing provided in the first few PDF files of this diary.
- Click Edit when you’re ready to start transcribing.
- Click Detach to move the transcription box to a convenient location.
- Copy the text as it is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Start each new day with a new line. Otherwise ignore spacing and alignments.
- Use toolbar heading options for any headings in the text, i.e. diary titles.
- Use toolbar table generator for any tables in the text, i.e. finance records.
- Use toolbar comment option to add your own comments, i.e. illegible text or uncertain names or description of drawings.
- Use toolbar stroke through text option to transcribe crossed-out text.
- When done press "Save Transcription" to save your work.
- View more transcription tips.