Courtland Olds Diary, 1895
May MONDAY 20 1895
I have been very busily engaged at sundry jobs to day mostly at fixing fence however. The weather keeps quite cool with nightly frosts which have so far been harmless excepting the disastrous one of Sunday night now a week ago. Noticed to day that much damage had been done to the young clover in streaks besides wheat also in places.
May TUESDAY 21 1895
Have been buisy this forenoon with Jim's help at picking up and burning brush from the orchard this afternoon. I went out to Dover and arround on a collecting tour
for on Delivery account. We took tea at my friend W.J . Carpenters. Succeeded very well and will not have to got out again this year, I hope. Have been reading the Word with proffit of late, especially especialy re. the chastening of the Lord.
- Follow the example of transcribing provided in the first few PDF files of this diary.
- Click Edit when you’re ready to start transcribing.
- Click Detach to move the transcription box to a convenient location.
- Copy the text as it is, including misspellings and abbreviations.
- Start each new day with a new line. Otherwise ignore spacing and alignments.
- Use toolbar heading options for any headings in the text, i.e. diary titles.
- Use toolbar table generator for any tables in the text, i.e. finance records.
- Use toolbar comment option to add your own comments, i.e. illegible text or uncertain names or description of drawings.
- Use toolbar stroke through text option to transcribe crossed-out text.
- When done press "Save Transcription" to save your work.
- View more transcription tips.